Our breadth and depth of experience and expertise in workforce development is unparalleled. We monitor the latest research on strategies for job creation and training so that we know which ones are working in the real world and which aren’t. We also do our own research, whether that means mapping a region’s workforce needs and assets or analyzing specific economic and labor trends. We draw on those findings to develop customized solutions for a wide range of leaders.
Our partners benefit most from our extensive experience working directly in the trenches with business, government and education leaders to address the most pressing workforce challenges, like retooling struggling regional economies to deliver 21st century jobs and increasing access to education for low-skill workers. We understand the challenges that today’s leaders face as they adapt their institutions to new economic realities, and that insight allows us to provide relevant and practical support to them.
We also specialize in helping different stakeholders work together efficiently and effectively, toward a common goal of building a workforce with the skills to compete in the new economy. That’s why we have such a strong a track record of aligning education providers with growing job markets, uniting businesses across sectors to solve skilled labor shortages and helping government agencies make smart investments in business development and job training.
While our list of products and services evolve to meet new challenges, leaders come to us most often as trusted partners for innovative, customized solutions for the following:
- Strategic planning to determine the best opportunities for workforce development and job creation
- Research and analysis to map out assets, obstacles and relevant trends for workforce development and to evaluate whether existing strategies are working
- Influencing and developing policy to increase the capacity to attract and create jobs or train workers
- Building and facilitating networks and coalitions so that government, business, education and other stakeholders can work seamlessly together around shared workforce goals
- Technical assistance outreach and resource development to ensure that workforce development and job creation strategies are implemented effectively
- Building and developing leadership capacity through leadership academies, executive coaching, and learning networks.
CSW provides the full spectrum of hands-on policy, research, and practice to help leaders create the conditions for good jobs and a competitive workforce. The following is our formula for success:
- Innovating and researching: We create and discover the most promising practices from around the world.
- Designing winning strategies: We design and test strategies and tools that will work under your unique conditions.
- Supporting implementation: We provide advice and capacity building assistance as you put those tools to work.
- Measuring impact: We evaluate the effectiveness of any strategy to track results and promote continuous improvement.
Some of our partners want us to play all of those roles. For others, our scope of work is more targeted. But our commitment to facilitating leadership and learning is a constant in everything we do. We help leaders navigate change together so that their capacity for tackling complex challenges grows over time.